Putting together a care package for a friend with cancer will be one of the most wonderful gifts you can give. I’m speaking from experience and every little gift and card keeps your spirit going (I have each and every card and item seven years later). It doesn’t have to be elaborate because it’s the thought that counts, anyhow and it blesses regardless.
Here are some fun ideas, followed by a list of special items that help cancer survivors through their treatment.
1. Lemon Drops—Helps settle stomach and with dry mouth… Just plain yummy.
2. Mint Tea—Soothing and assists with digestion.
3. Aquaphor—This is a must for those going through radiation. Helps with burn and the extremely dry skin.
4. Silky Soft Scarf/Hat—Nice for those dealing with hair loss, especially when it’s cold.
5. Stuffed Animal—Just something fun that ends up meaning a lot. Took mine with me for each surgery.
6. Card—There are a number of nice cancer support cards available these days (Have seen them at both Hallmark and Walmart).
7. Chocolate—Need I say more? Be careful if individual is having chemo, but if not, should be good to go!
8. Puzzle Books—Something to do during treatment/recovery.
9. Inspirational Books—There are a number of wonderful books on the subject matter. A personal favorite is Chicken Soup for the Survivor’s Soul.
10. Trashy Novels—This is a matter of personal taste and could as easily be mysteries or whatever the individual prefers.
11. CDs—Feel good music and or something soothing to help rest when needed.
These are just a few ideas, but put them in a nice little basket or gift bag and I guarantee you’ll have a winner.
Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. ~Christopher Reeve